Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Oktoberfest to my fellow Patrick Seitzes

I now have 22 “friends” on Facebook. We’re part of an exclusive club, in that we’re all named Patrick Seitz.
I won’t “friend” anyone other than people who share my name. So no traditional friends need apply. Sorry.
Seitz is a German name derived from Sigizo (meaning “victory”), according to Winslow Genealogy. The Seitzes originated from south Germany, mainly Bavaria, according to Ancestry.com.
Patrick is an Irish name. And I happen to be of Irish-German descent.
Of my nearly two dozen Facebook friends, 14 live in Germany, two in Austria, one in France and one in Finland. The remaining four live in the U.S.
So in honor of all my fellow Patrick Seitzes, happy Oktoberfest.

Photo from 2010 Oktoberfest in Munich.

No comments: