Monday, March 5, 2012

Lego ‘Finding Bigfoot’

Working with a mish-mash of Lego block sets, my kids and I recreated the Animal Planet TV show “Finding Bigfoot” in a diorama.
My previous Lego artwork includes a mashup of sci-fi epic “Star Wars” and reality TV show “Storage Wars.” (See photo here.)
For my Lego “Finding Bigfoot” diorama, I used Chewbacca from “Star Wars” as my sasquatch stand-in. (Chewie has played this role in at least one other Lego bigfoot recreation before mine. See Cryptomundo and The Brothers Brick.)
I used a beardless Hagrid from the “Harry Potter” series to depict jumbo-sized bigfoot investigator James “Bobo” Fay.
In the first photo, biologist Ranae Holland and bigfoot investigator Cliff Barackman check out squatch tracks near a stream, while a cameraman records their findings.


In the next photo, Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization founder Matt Moneymaker chases a squatch into the woods.
And finally Bobo makes wood knocks using two clubs, oblivious to what’s going on behind him.

No comments: