Sunday, May 17, 2015

Best bets for upcoming TV shows: Blindspot, Containment, The Muppets

When it comes to TV shows, I like ones that surprise me. That explains why I prefer science-fiction and fantasy programs to police procedurals and lawyer dramas. Too many shows on television today have a been-there-done-that feel to them.
After previewing shows for the summer and fall TV seasons, I have selected a few that I think have a shot at making my must-watch list. My initial impressions are based on watching trailers and reading synopses and media reports.
Those shows are: “Blindspot” (NBC), “Containment” (CW), “The Expanse” (Syfy), “Fear the Walking Dead” (AMC), “Humans” (AMC) and “The Muppets” (ABC).
Some shows I currently watch likely will have to fall off my viewing list to accommodate them.
Here are the main shows now on my viewing list:

12 Monkeys (Syfy)
The 100 (CW)
Adventure Time (Cartoon Network)
Dig (USA Network)
Extant (CBS)
Falling Skies (TNT)
Hannibal (NBC)
High Profits (CNN)
Homeland (Showtime)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
Gold Rush: Alaska (Discovery)
iZombie (CW)
The Last Man on Earth (Fox)
The Last Ship (TNT)
Marvel’s Agent Carter (ABC)
Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD (ABC)
Orphan Black (BBC America)
The Strain (FX)
Supernatural (CW)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
Z Nation (Syfy)

Thankfully, they’re spaced out by different seasons.

Photo: Production photo from the NBC series “Blindspot”; promotional art for “The Muppets.” 

No comments: