Friday, July 24, 2009

Twitter still has more spam accounts to purge



Despite Twitter’s efforts to purge spammers from its microblogging service on Thursday, it still has a lot of work to do.
I estimate that 20% of my current 66 followers are spam accounts. Here are a few and some of their sample tweets:

@Hailey_McKay60
Sample tweet:
“Go view my X-Rated pics” with a Web link

@digsin33
Sample tweet:
“Made $14 this hour filling out surveys” with a Web link

@Isabela_Black_7
Sample tweet:
“Cum check out my hot profile” with a Web link

@BuyThisStock
Sample tweet:
“proven to generate at least $354.97 per day from home Take a look !” with a Web link

@Kara_McNeill_67
Sample tweet:
“Come View My SEXY Videos” with Web link

@ GregHsnoW
Sample tweet:
“Learn the trick discovered by a mom to turn yellow teeth white for $5” with Web link

So if you’re a horny guy with a yellow teeth who wants to make money on the Internet, check out my followers. But hopefully Twitter deletes them first.

Photos:
A graph of my Twitter followers from TwitterCounter.
Two of my followers – “Isabela Black” and “Kara McNeill” – with photos that look like the same woman wearing the same leopard print bikini top.

No comments: