Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sex education courtesy of Katy Perry

The other day, my 8-year-old son asked me what a hickie is.
“Where did you hear that word?” I asked.
“From a Katy Perry song,” he said.
In her new hit song, “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)”, Perry sings about waking up and finding a mark on her body. “Is this a hickey or a bruise?” the song goes.
In the same song, Perry says she blacked out from drinking too many shots, possibly had a ménage a trios, maxed out her credit cards, committed property damage and other things today’s teenagers can relate to, I’m sure.
My son didn’t ask me what a “ménage a trios” is, thankfully.
I did my best to explain what a hickie is and moved on.
I should probably get ready for when he asks me what S&M is, because Rihanna’s song “S&M” still gets a lot of airplay on the radio.

Photo: Katy Perry via The Superficial.

No comments: