Monday, February 27, 2012

Cee Lo Green’s cat, star of ‘The Voice’

For my money, the star of NBC’s “The Voice” is Cee Lo Green’s cat Purrfect. Whenever Purrfect is on camera, the fluffy white Persian steals the scene.
Green looks like James Bond villain Ernst Stavro Blofeld when he’s petting the cat while talking to the camera.
I’m a cat lover with a long-haired Himalayan of my own. So I can appreciate the beauty and grace of Purrfect.
I’m not alone in thinking Purrfect is a star. She even has her own Twitter and Facebook pages.

Update (March 6): The March 9 issue of Entertainment Weekly reports that Cee Lo’s cat is just a rental and not his own. Purrfect is owned by Benay’s Bird & Animal Rentals. “I told (the producers) I wanted a nod to iconic villains like Dr. Evil,” Green told EW.

Other articles on Purrfect:

Pawing his way to the top: Cee Lo Green’s cat Purrfect is furry popular after appearing on The Voice (The Daily Mail; Feb. 15, 2012)

Cee Lo Green With Cat animated GIF (Reviler; Feb. 17, 2012)

Access Q&A: Cee Lo Green’s ‘The Voice’ Cat Purrfect Speaks! (Access Hollywood; Feb. 27, 2012)


No comments: